Tuesday 12 November 2013

Reminiscence ..of my love.

He had gifted me that which I had never thought he would gift. It was the smallest but the greatest treasure which I did hold on to closest of my heart. A ring, a simple platinum ring with diamonds.


As I lay awake in the bed wrapped with the white sheets, I could feel nothing except a traumatizing pain all through my body. I realized a needle had been struck in my head into my hand and I couldn’t even move. As I opened my eyes I saw a lady dressed in white standing near my bed.


The severe pain in my head dint allow me to sleep. I couldn’t feel any part of my body. I slept off. Next morning when I got up, I saw an old man standing by my bed side. A lady about the age of 60-65 yrs. sniffed off her nose on seeing me.


I looked at the lady. I thought of asking the lady about the reason for me being there. But I saw a grief seeping out of the eyes in form of tears. I looked at my right hand and the ring was still there.


The lady came towards me and said,” This is Mrs Martha. How are you?” I looked at them astonished,” I hope the pain is not much intolerable. “With a surprising tone, I tried to speak but I couldn’t. I heard the nurse stating her, “It’s just God`s grace that she has been saved. The way the truck had crushed off her car, it was a real challenge for us to save her. God bless you Mr & Mrs Martha.”


I couldn’t speak. I had lost my voice. In fact I dint even remember my name. I just looked at the sparking ring that let me into the blurred images of a dark man. I just couldn’t even remember his face.


Days passed on and I started recovering from the pain. Mr & Mrs Martha came on to visit me on regular basis. They called me Shiela as `S’ was engraved with diamond on the platinum ring.

I was released from the hospital after the period of two months. The fractures were cured. But still I searched for my identity. I stayed at the small village at the outskirts of Howrah. The mobile, i card had all been crushed to pieces that were the only option to find the identity.


At times I thought to click a picture of my own self to put in the paper so that my identity is revealed. But my all hopes were scattered to pieces when I saw my burnt face in the mirror.


I had no hope to get that dark man in my life. Ultimately Mr & Mrs Martha gave me a brilliant idea. The couple dint had any child of their own and they took me to be their daughter who had lost twenty years back


They suggested me to take the picture of my hand that had a wrist let and also the ring engraved with the letter `S’. A picture was taken but I couldn’t imagine how that dark man would react on seeing my burnt face. 


Mr & Mrs Martha took the picture and got it published in the English daily, “The Telegraph”. There were no phone calls, no visits and the days passed on. The little hope that I had in me was slowly reduced to ashes
.

It was on 8th Dec 2012 there was a heavy knock at 10pm at night. A man in mid-thirties stood with unshaven beard and a hair that badly needed a cut and his shirt had several creases on it.

“Is the advertisement relates to this address, asked the man with wet eyes. Mrs Martha could only nod her head. The man ran towards me, hugged me, kissed me all over and said taking my hand in his hand, “It’s because of this ring that I found you .I had thought that I had lost you .I love you. Will you come back to your house,Shruti?”

7 comments:

  1. Very nice ..... I have read your other posts ..... you seem to be a very good writer ......... Keep it up.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely written...keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u ...thank u so much Aditi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its simply beautiful.this is just one of the colour of love... , one of the flavour of love. love never dies. love never allows others to die.....

    ReplyDelete

Abondoned....

Have you ever felt being abandoned? Have you ever felt being used by someone whom you have trusted blindly? What happens when all the emot...